As yesterday was the beginning of National Picnic Week and I’m actually going to a friend’s birthday picnic this afternoon, I thought I’d whip up something to take along. The perfect picnic bake needs to not only be tasty but easily transportable so I opted to bake these raspberry and white chocolate muffins.
Raspberries are in season at the moment and paired with white chocolate, they make a winning combination. Moist and moreish, the muffins are super simple to make and I’m hoping they go down a treat with my friends today. If you want to have a go at making these white chocolate and raspberry muffins yourself, you can find the recipe below. Happy picnicing!
- 175g unsalted butter
- 175g golden caster sugar
- 300g self raising flour
- 3 medium eggs
- 5 tablespoons milk
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 100g white chocolate chips
- 100g fresh raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan oven.
- Place the unsalted butter, golden caster sugar, self raising flour, eggs, milk and baking powder into a bowl. Beat until combined into a smooth mixture.
- Fold the raspberries and two thirds of the chocolate chips into the mixture.
- Put the paper cases into a muffin tin and spoon in the mixture. Scatter the remaining chocolate chips before placing in the oven.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden and spring back when you press them.